Thursday, July 7, 2011

Inspiration Workshop Week 6 -- Pamper Yourself!

So this week at Gussy Sews, her Inspiration Workshop is all about pampering yourself. While I don't really take out a lot of time to do this on a regular basis, here is how I'd spend a day just on me! :)

Reading a great book

Photo from Amazon.com

Photo from Amazon.com

I usually do this at night, when I'm getting ready to go to sleep, so I typically don't make it very far before falling asleep. :) haha And if I do manage to stay awake, I'm up way too late and then I'm tired the next morning. Not my idea of feeling pampered. haha So it would be nice to curl up one morning with a good book and just read and be quiet! (And yes I like vampire books!) :)

Going Junk (ok ok...Vintage) Shopping ;)



I LOVE being in an antique/thrift/flea market store and quietly perusing around looking for that amazing "thing" you just have to have! :) Just going to these places and just taking in the atmosphere is super relaxing. A few of my fav's are Blue Moon and Mixon's for this. It's always so quiet in there!! :)

Taking a Nap


(This is how NOT to take a nap. With a live cat scarf around your neck. UGH! Adam doesn't mind this. I like to sleep cat-free, thank you very much!)

It's not a real surprise to my family that I LOVE TO SLEEP! :) haha I don't like waking up early (even if it's to do something fun). I'm not the person on vacation that is up at the crack of dawn ready to go. I'm always running late, because I NEED those extra 5 minutes of sleep. And I just plain don't like getting out of bed. haha :) My problem with naps are, they are never the quick 20 minutes and I'm good to go kind of naps. I like to nap for 3 hours, which kind of defeats the purpose. haha But on a day pampering myself, I'd take full advantage and nap away.

I'm seeing a pattern here. I like quiet things. Who knew? ;)

Head on over to Gussy Sews and link up your post about how you pamper yourself!


Gussy

post signature

1 comment:

Kristin Marriott said...

Ah! I love quiet time too. But I agree with the cat scarf, not so much lol : )

~Kristin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...