Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our Lazy Vacation

Adam and I took a week of vacation during Memorial Day week! :) We were supposed to head to Atlanta to visit his brother and meet his new girlfriend Carla, but that didn't work out so we decided to just stay local and relax!! :) (I'm excited though because I think Justin and Carla are coming down this week for a short visit and I can't wait to meet her! She's a cute little redhead. I keep telling Adam I can't wait for them to get married and have red-headed children so I can be an aunt!! I'm an only child, and other than my close friends, Justin is my only chance to have nieces and nephews!) hehe :)

So onto our vacation! It was a much needed break, and I don't think I took a single picture, except of my arm when I got stung by a red wasp. YUCK! Oh well, we still had fun! :) haha

On Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, we knew we didn't want to go out and do much since it's so crowded here in Pensacola, especially at the beach. So we slept in late and hung around the house both days. But I did manage to coerce Adam into a little antiquing!!

Saturday we hit up a few places on Navy Blvd. but didn't find anything to my dismay! :( We stopped by the motorcycle shop afterwards, so Adam could drool over them. Nothing pink, so I wasn't interested. I'm not sure why they don't make just one pink motorcycle. I don't see why the boys get whatever color they want, but girls have to get pink paint jobs aftermarket. ;)

Later that evening, we also hit up our local Waterfront Rescue Mission thrift store. I scored an awesome Pyrex bowl for just $3!! YEAH!! I love the Green Daisy pattern. It's the largest bowl in the set, and I haven't decided whether I want to keep it and use it or sell it. We'll see. :) Mom and I found a full set of the Green Daisy bowls, in the original box, at another local antique/thrift store earlier this year for $40, which was a great price considering their condition, that the set was complete and had the original box which is in great condition. Mom bought them for me, and I told her to keep them for a wedding present. ;) hehe I was sad that they were a little low on furniture, but their stock changes daily so I just need to keep going back!



After antiquing we went to Barnes and Noble to check out a few books we wanted to order on Amazon. I got Bethenny Frankel's new book, A Place of Yes, a few days later from Amazon. I've read about 3/4 of it, and I LOVE it! Her personality is so much like mine. I'm pretty straight-forward, and I tell it like it is. For example, when my boss at work asked me if I was happy to be back from vacation, I said "Um, no. Why would I want to come back here instead of being on vacation?" To which he replied, "Well, be honest why don't ya?" haha :) I told him you pay me to be honest, so why would I lie. LOL (I just wish I had been a little more like I am now when I was younger. Oh well, live and learn right?)

Sunday we slept late again, but made it out around noon. :) We hit up a few of my favorite spots on T Street, Oodles of Everything and Mixson's Antiques. I've been hunting for a milk glass cake plate for awhile now and actually found one just like I want, but it was $33 and I knew I could find it cheaper. (I actually found one on etsy, and bought it! It also came with a matching smaller dish too, and I got both of them shipped for only $29 total!)

I can't wait to get it!!! It should arrive sometime this week!

I did find a set of small juice glasses that day, and they match the one's my Grandma and Grandpa had. The design is Whitehall from Indiana Glass Company in avocado green. My Grandpa used the medium size glasses all the time, and I only got one of them when my Grandma's house got cleaned out. So I got to thinking, I should get a few more, that way I can store the special one from her house so it doesn't get broken and use the others!! Earlier in the year found 2 baby glasses that matched the medium ones, and then last weekend found 4 more. I paid $8 for the set of 4, and the set of 2 I paid $3.50 for. Not too bad, under $2 each!

On Monday we did basically nothing except watch Lost on Netflix. Adam and I have gotten hooked on that show. LOL :) Adam went to the gym, and brought home pizza from CiCi's. HA! Pizza and the gym. I guess he was just replacing those lost calories. :)

Tuesday we piddled around all day and didn't do anything. But then decided around 3pm to go over to Fairhope, AL which is about 40 minutes away. They have an ADORABLE downtown area and a pier that we wanted to check out. Unfortunately for us, most of the downtown shops closed at 5pm, but we were able to scout out a few that we're going to go back to when we have more time to shop! :) We did get to go to the pier, which was nice, but kind of smelly. HA Everyone was fishing of course and throwing their shrimp shells everywhere so that was kind of gross. And Alabama beaches on the bay are nothing like our sugar white sand at Pensacola beach! :) No place like home right? Here is a picture of the pier. I got it from the City of Fairhope website brochure.

After our pier adventure, we stopped back in Daphne on the way home to go to the new Dick's Sporting Goods store and TJMaxx of course. :) I scored a new Under Armour shirt for Zumba, and some new shoes! Adam got socks. He's so exciting right? :) haha We ate dinner at Longhorn steakhouse after that, which was pretty good. I think we'll definitely be eating there more often. I wish we had one a little closer though!

On Wednesday we made it out of the house by 12 so we could catch a 12:35 movie! HA :) We saw Thor! I didn't think I would like it, but it ended up being pretty good! After that we decided to go bicycle shopping. We've been wanting bikes for a good long while now and now that we have a Tahoe we can actually tote them with us! (A bicycle rack was absolutely not going on the back of the Mach 1!) :) After that we made a random trip to Target and Kohl's, and ate at Chick-fil-a. I know boring right? :) haha But it was nice to actually shop during the day when it's light outside on a weekday!!

Thursday, we hung around the house and cleaned a bit, but mostly watched Lost again. ;) I'm telling you that dang show is addictive, especially when it's on Netflix instant play and you just have to see the next episode so you can find out what happens! I don't know how people watched that show to begin with, having to wait weeks between episodes and months between seasons!

Friday we had to get up early, and by that I mean 9am. I had a dentist appt. and after that we ate lunch at Chili's and stopped by another motorcycle shop (Adam's pick) and an estate sale (my pick). :) Unfortunately I didn't find anything there. Later that night, we went to the beach to eat dinner at Hemmingways. It was a nice relaxing evening, and we made it out to the car before the rain came! Yay! :)

Saturday we cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more. I'm sad to say I still had some Christmas decorations out. haha The mantel is now de-Christmasafied. And it's nice and clean with my new owls on there.


The brown and green ones are from Hobby Lobby. I paid $8 for each of them I think. YAY! The green one is actually a planter but you can't tell when it's on the mantel. The baby yellow one came from etsy for $5. I bought all of these are random times in the past 6 months or so and I thought they went together so CUTE!

Here's a shot of the clean living room just because it's so shiny and nice!

That night we grilled bbq chicken and had dinner at home and of course watched some more Lost!! ;)

Sunday we got up EARLY, like 8am because we decided to meet Adam's parents for breakfast at Cracker Barrel at 10am. Yeah, we were late. :) After a yummy breakfast, we drove over to Mobile, AL to a huge monthly estate sale. You can check out their website here. These pictures are from their website, and are of the sale before it started.

Sunday, all the small items are 60% off so I wanted to check it out. I scored a few cool things! :)

We also went to the mall after I found out they still have an Auntie Anne's pretzel place. Nothing beats their pretzels! YUM!! And they still have a Lotus Boutique, which I LOVE to shop at! :) After that we headed home, to get ready for the start of work again.

Overall, we had a nice relaxing vacation. It was nice to not feel like I needed another vacation after that vacation. Our last 2 have been so jam packed, that I was exhausted when we got back home! :)


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...