Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 - Breakfast! And some antiquing too!

So I'm not much of a breakfast fan, not necessarily the food, just the time it's usually eaten.  I'm not a morning person. :)  Anyone who really knows me, completely understands that.  I'm not fully awake before 10am, sometimes later. ;) haha

Oh well, here's pic #2!  A quick breakfast before we got started taking Christmas decorations down (more on this in a minute), and then did a little antiquing/shopping later in the day.


So, we were planning to leave the tree up for a few more days since we got it decorated so late this year.  However, I heard Adam say, "Oh don't come out of the bedroom yet."  Of course, I flew right out.  I listen really well. ;) "...when, what to my wandering eyes should appear...", but a lovely Christmas tree knocked over on the tile floor.  Yeah, I was not happy.  The tree was down, ornaments packed up, lights wrapped up in the next 30 minutes.  My cats know how to motivate me to get something done quickly. :)  haha As far as I could tell, nothing got broken.  This is the 2nd time they've knocked our small tree over.  From now on, the big tree is going up!

One last view of the mantle last night while watching The Green Lantern.

(Can you see Barnaby?  He's our Elf on the Shelf that needs to go back to his box/home.)

A few more photos from today....

Adam wouldn't let me have this at Mixon Antique Mall.

It's a "Cat in Sundress" from Primitives by Kathy. SO FUNNY! ha :) 

We found these fun treasures at Oooodles of Everything Past and Present.


The 2 mice are ornaments (or were).  I'm going to repair their string and hang them on the tree next year!  They are so fun!  The tin will hold sewing notions and the book was just plain cute. :)

Next stop was Barnes and Noble to check out Forks over Knives.  We watched the movie on Netflix last night, and it was pretty eye-opening.  I have read A LOT on the Whole 30 diet, and we can't wait to get started cutting out meat and dairy and moving toward a more plant-based diet.  It's going to take some time getting used to it, and lots of discipline. :)  Let's hope we can do well!  The book has lots of good recipes in it, so I might have to order it from Amazon!


Right now I'm on the hunt for a new planner.  None of the one's I've found so far have been just right.  I'm really tempted to get one of these pretty little 2012 Simplified Planner from Emily Ley! :)  Her 20% off sale ends tonight, so I need to hurry up and make my decision!!

It's back to work tomorrow for me!  I've been off for 11 days!! YIKES!  I'm afraid I won't know what to do tomorrow. haha :)

Now I'm off to start a mini Harry Potter marathon with Adam!!  We got this in the mail last week, and are just now sitting down to start watching all of them!


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...